Guest editors: Robert Seesengood and Andrew Wilson
Table of contents
- Biblical Stuff: (Re)reading the Bible as/with/through/by Materiality – Robert Paul Seesengood and Andrew P. Wilson.
- A “Vital Materiality” of the Ark in its Relativity to the Body of David in 2 Sam 6 – SuJung Shin.
- The (Processed) Vegetal Body and Blood of the Markan Messiah – Dong Hyeon Jeong.
- Gods and Markets: New Materialism, Divine-Human Economies, and the Letter to the Philippians – Jennifer Quigley.
- Bespoke Words: The Bible, Fashion, and the Mechanism(s) of Things – Robert Paul Seesengood.
- Ned’s Head: John 14:9, Dynamic Materiality, and the Intra-Active Legacy of Edward (Ned) Kelly – Andrew P. Wilson.
- Strained Breath and Open Text: Exploring the Materiality of Breath in Relation to Reading Luke 4:16–30 – Anne Elvey.
- Review of Karen Bray and Stephen D. Moore, eds., Religion, Emotion, Sensation: Affect Theories and Theologies. New York: Fordham University Press, 2020 – David B. Lott.
- Review of David Wheeler-Reed, Regulating Sex in the Roman Empire: Ideology, the Bible, and the Early Christians. Synkrisis: Comparative Approaches to Early Christianity in Greco-Roman Culture, New Haven: Yale University Press, 2017 – Taylor Weaver.
- Review of We and They: Decolonizing Greco-Roman and Biblical Antiquities. Jonathan Cahana-Blum and Karmen MacKendrick (Eds), Aarhus University Press, 2019 – Nova Wood